Reserve a room
What to do & see
Plan your visit before you arrive
Access Statement for the Windsor Guesthouse
- We do our best to understand and look after the needs of all our guests here at the Windsor, We have 14 en-suite bedrooms spread over 6 floors of a period Georgian Townhouse close to the centre of Bath.
- None of our bedrooms are on the ground floor, 3 on the lower ground, 1 in the basement, 3 on the first floor, 3 on the second floor, and 4 on the third floor. The flight of stairs to the top floor is quite steep and may be unsuitable for those with a moderate disability. The entrance is approached by 4 wide and original steps, the Reception, kitchen and dining area for breakfast are on ground floor level and easily accessible to those on foot. The following is a summary of our provision.
- All rooms are equipped with direct- dial telephones, dial 0 for reception where a member of staff will be happy to assist you. All rooms also have free WI-FI access. If necessary we are happy to send or receive e-mails, faxes and telephone messages for our guests. Font size can be enlarged for the visually impaired and visual demonstrations on the use of all equipment in the rooms carried out by a manager on check-in if required.
- A copy of our Access Statement can be e-mailed to you at the time of booking enquiry, a hard copy is kept for your reference at reception at all times and we are happy to discuss any issues at any time before, during or after your stay.
- The Windsor is approx. a 5 minute walk from the centre of Bath and all its attractions and amenities- 0.5-1.0 mile. There are bus stops along the length of the street running a frequent service. The main train station, Bath Spa, is a 7-10 minute walk and has a taxi service at the exit point. We can also supply the numbers of one of many local taxi companies in Bath.
- Our website, www.bathwindsorguesthouse.com provides pictures of our facilities and further information on the Windsor and Bath itself.
- To ensure the safety of our guests and after due consideration, we consider that our premises is only suitable for guests with mobility, visual or hearing impairment who are accompanied by a competent and able person.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The Windsor can provide one car parking permit to each of our guests for the duration of their stay. Parking is on- street. The street is good state of repair, the paving stones have recently been replaced and filled where necessary by the council and there are no real hazards. There is a dropped curb on every corner of each side street for ease of access.
- On booking, we ask all guests for an E.T.A and a contact Mobile No so we can be here to welcome you. From the street, the entrance door is up 4 stone steps. The front door is open from 7:00- 22:00 daily and fully lit from dusk. There is also a bell to call out of these hours or if assistance is required. We are happy to assist guests and their luggage, from their car if required.
- Our contact phone number is displayed externally in a clear and reflective font.
Main Entrance& Ticketing Area
- There is only one entrance at the Windsor approached up 4 smooth, stone steps, av. ht. 16 cm. The automated door is propped open from 7 a.m to 10 p.m., there is a bell at the entrance too. Reception is manned between these hours and not after. The door is wide and generous in its dimensions. The porch and hall is tiled with original Victorian tiles and segmented by double glass doors which are opened with a code (keypad at dado height) The code is given on check-in to each guest.
- On arrival, the guest is asked to complete a pre printed registration form confirming his/her details. Seating is provided in the reception area. Lighting is 24-hour and in the form of energy- efficient bulbs in 2 large chandeliers and numerous wall sconces. The duty manager will escort you to your room, familiarising you with the building and the services we offer. The stairs have rodded carpeting which is secure and wooden banister runs the full length of the stairs, both up and down. There is a small step on entering reception with a trip hazard sign to warn guests.
- The Windsor does not allow pets except guide dogs, water bowls will be provided for these. The Windsor is a grade 1, listed building and therefore doesn’t have lifts or permanent ramps.
Public Areas- Hall, Stairs, Landing, corridors etc
Our entrance hall is of traditional style with wide Georgian proportions and Victorian tiled floor. There is one painted, heavy entrance door of wood, which is open during the day and locked at night. Exit/ access is through the use of a toggle- key. This door is automated for easy access. 5 paces on into the foyer, there is a double wooden framed glass door which is locked at all times. Initial access is through a call button and thereafter, with the use of a 4 digit code. The keyboard is at waist-height. On entering the main hall, reception is directly on your left, up a slight step. This room has extremely large proportions and windows to the front and back which provide good light. In addition 40 light bulbs in the form of chandeliers and wall-sconces light the area. The reception desk is immediately in front of you. The floor is carpeted in a dark, traditional style carpet. From this room you can either go down the 18 steps to the 3 bedrooms on the lower ground floor, and also down a further 13 steps plus an additional step down into the basement room. Alternatively, from the ground floor you can go up to the first floor via one flight of 9 steps, then a landing to rest, and then a flight of 9 steps., There is additional 2 floors going up, each with 18 steps between the landings. All treads are carpeted in the same traditional fashion, dark, high quality axminster carpet with brass stair- rods and exposed painted woodwork to the side of each tread. All public areas have emergency lighting and all rooms have clear emergency procedures in the guest information folders. We have no lifts or service hatches, and no escalators. Telephones are provided in the rooms and free WI FI access. There are no rugs in the guest rooms. Fire alarms and smoke detectors are maintained by Chubb on a service and maintenance contract, they are tested frequently. We have no induction loops and lighting is uniform throughout the building. We do not allow pets except guide –dogs, water is provided. We have 2 public W Cs. one on the ground floor and one on the lower ground floor. There is no wheelchair access although both have grab rails. There is colour contrast between the dark carpet and the light woodwork in all public areas, but to a lesser degree in the bedrooms where some carpets are neutral in tone.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
The dining area is fully carpeted and fitted with tables and chairs to sit approx. 24 people. It is a large room of generous proportions, with 2 sash windows overlooking the street. The carpet is secure and in good condition. The tables are within view of the reception desk and so attention can be raised when required. The receptionist will be happy to assist in making phone calls or small office type services, i.e sending or receiving a fax, photocopying or searching for information on the computer, i.e travel arrangements etc. Woodwork is light in colour and walls finished in a traditional, neutral damask wallpaper. Lighting is generous and always on.
Laundry - We operate a same-day return wash and iron service and a next day return dry-cleaning service, please ask reception for details.
Shop - We do not have a shop, but there are many within easy walking distance.
Treatment room/s - none
Leisure Facilities - none
Outdoor Facilities - none
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting - none
Club & Entertainment - none
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
Unfortunately, none of our bedrooms are suitable for those in a wheelchair due to the lack of a lift, although many with minor disabilities will be given maximum assistance to aid in the enjoyment of their stay. There is a fire alarm/heat sensor in each room and landing which flashes red when activated. All staff are aware of emergency procedures and any guest with even minor injury or impairment is noted in reception book. The TV has remote control and telephones have red flashing light when ringing. We have no provisions or aids for disabled guests, although this is something we could look at.
Here is a list of the dimensions of each of our guest rooms:
Charlotte: superior single / small double - 15”.5”x9”.3” with integral bathroom of 5”.9”x5”.0.
Princess: four poster - 5”.6”x12”.3” with integral bathroom of 6”.0”x7”.6.
Crescent: superior double/twin/family - 15”.6”x14”.7” with integral bathroom of 6”.0”x8”.6.
Abbey: double/twin/family - 14”x14”.5” with integral bathroom of 6”.7”x7”.
Windsor: four poster - 14”.4”x16”.2” with integral bathroom of 5”.8”x7”.0.
Orchard: standard double - 19”.3”x9”.7” with integral bathroom of 6”.3”x5”.2.
Henrietta: single - 15”.5”x9”.3”with integral shower room of 5”.7”x5”.3.
Pulteney: standard double - 13”.6”x9”.3”with integral bathroom of 4”.7”x10”.5.
Walcot: standard double - 12.0x10”5with integral bathroom of 5”.9”x9”.0.
Victoria: superior double -13”.5”x14”.5”with integral bathroom of 4”.7”x10”.2.
Lower Ground floor:
Sydney: superior double / family - 18”.50”x18”.3” with integral bathroom of 7”.10”x5”.4.
Laura: superior double / family - 15”.5”x9”.3” with integral bathroom of 5”.9”x5”.0.
Somerset: standard double - 14”.6”x8”.8” with integral a shower room of 2”.10”x8”.8.
Devonshire (our largest room): superior double / family – Main bedroom 18’7”x19’1” with integral bathroom of 5’10”x5’4” plus additional seating area of 9’8”x14’10”
Georgiana Deluxe Double/Twin/Family -Main bedroom 19'7"x12'7" with Corridor of 8'8"x2'5.5", Dressing area of 11'1.5"x4'1.5" and Bathroom of 11'4"x6'2". There is one step leading to the bath and shower.
Evacuation procedures are signed on the back of each guest door and details written in the guest information folders in each room. Staff are all fully aware of procedures. The fire alarm is with Red care who contact a list of key holders and the fire brigade. All staff are also aware that some disabilities are not evident and understand those implications. The building is non-smoking throughout. The use of a fridge is available for anyone who needs to keep medication on the premises; this is clearly named and dated. Between 07.00 – 10.00, there is always a member to help and a comfy chair offered to rest.
Address: 69 Great Pulteney Street
Telephone 01225 422100
Fax 01225 422550
Hours of operation: 07:00 – 22:00
Emergency number: Duty Manager on call
Local public transport numbers:
First Bus Company 08456064446
Bath City Sightseeing 01225 330444
National Rail Enquiries 08457484950
Local accessible taxi numbers:
V Cars 01225 464646
Abbey Taxis 01225 444444
Airport taxi: Bath Travel Services 01225461364 / 07771560276
Nearest Airport: Bristol International Airport – 33km / 21 m 0870 1212747
We plan to continue the general improvement and maintenance of the building and it` s rooms, for example, new carpets, beds, soft-furnishings.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome you feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01225422100 or email email@example.com
Created 18th August 2009